Timeline from pieces we’ve gathered
- 1858 – The original building was built to serve three denominations of the area – Methodists, Regular Baptists and Free Baptists.
- 1906 – Building title changed to Steeves Mountain United Baptist Church
- 1952 – Moved from the back of the property to it’s current location by locals
- 1995 – Steeple removed and front foyer and rooms added
- 2019 – Bought by Krysta & Dave to create a local venue!
- 2021 – Registered business name and renovations began
Thank you to Lutz Mountain Heritage Museum for finding us this fascinating story! Thank goodness everyone was alright!
These documents were found in the rafters and will be displayed in the foyer!